This operation is for aesthetic purposes which creates a better look, increases the self-confidence of the patient and gives them confort in social settings.
Due to genetics, medical treatments, weight gain, stress and inactive lifestyle, sagging can manifest in legs as well as in other regions of body. Sagging can be removed with liposuction in young patients. But surgeons prefer leg tightening surgery on older patients, which develop loose skin.
Leg tightening operation is for aesthetic purposes which creates a better look, increases the self-confidence of the patient and gives them confort in social settings.
What is leg tightening operation?
It is a commonly performed plastic surgery operation. It is a procedure in which the excess skin is assessed and proportionately removed with an incision starting from the inner thigh to the back of the leg. If thickening is detected around the knees, the same method is applied to slim the areas.
Before any operations, certain tests should be performed and an assessment by the doctor needs to be done.
General anesthesia is applied. The procedure takes approximately 2 hours. Depending on the patients state, a days long rest might be necessary.
Stitches are performed aesthetically to conceal their appearance.
- It is a painless operation. Patient can return to their normal life after the operation.
- The patient can take a stroll right after they are on their feet. It is important to keep the movements to a minimum on the first days of recovery.
- Empurpling on inner thighs and at the back of the legs are usually short lived, with little risk of turning into edema.
- Travelling is possible after 2 days.
- The patient can take a shower after 3 days.
- Full recovery is seen at the end of first 10 days.
- The patient should do light exercises after 1 month.